- The Quinta da Condeça is ideally placed to reach multiple sites of great interest in less than an hour ( 15 minutes to 45 minutes and within 20 to 90 kms!), which makes it an excellent tourist base to go touring, for a first discovery of this country, not known enough, in our opinion.
- Similarly, a diverse range of sports and other activities is available nearby (within 5 to 25 kms) , to allow you to spend a both enjoyable and dynamic stay, if you want.
In order to help you optimize the course of your holiday, we hereafter communicate you a short summary (not exhaustive, but selected) of places where you will find the matching interests to your tastes.
But we naturally stay at your disposal on site to inform, advise or guide you more accurately every day. However, be aware that in a general, thePortugueuse are extremely friendly and hospitable, and that they should do their best to help you.
- Surf everywhere naturally, with the Baleal and Ericeira spots of international competition
- Tennis clubs close around
- Horse riding, (at the exit of Vermelha, 7kms)
- Several Golf courses in the area, including three brand new ones near Bom Successo / Óbidos
- Flying club near Arelho
- Sailing, windsurfing and kite-surfing at the nice sailing club on the Óbidos lagoon
- Water skiing at the same place or farther near Santarém on the Zêzere dam lake
- Karting near Lourinha (over some 15 kms from the house)
- Hiking trails in the Serra de Montejunto (9 kms)
- Diving at the Peniche / Berlengas club
- Hunting and fishing almost everywhere…
- Billiards and table football at the Cultural Association on the other side of the village square
- Fado : occasional nights of fado organized during the numerous village festivals, on a regular basis in a typical restaurant of Torres Vedras (20kms), or anytime in the various « Casa de fado » in Lisbon (feel free to contact us for further details)
- Bullfights : more frequent during the summer in all the region, more regular in Santarém, town of bull and horse breeding
- Festivals and folk dances: schedule varies throughout the region
- Famous thoroughbred horse days (Lusitan, Alter Real and Andalusian horses) in Golega
- Movies : several multiplex cinemas in two modern shopping centres (Caldas da Rainha and Torres Vedra, less than 25 kms)
For the record, Portuguese traditional cuisine is very good, both for fish and for meat meals. 3 to 20 kms from home, you can find numerous little « tascas » or higher-end restaurants at a very affordable price… if you know how to choose them, and we will help you to do so.
For fish meals, don’t miss the « cataplanas », « calderadas » and other « arroz de … », and for meat meals : « chanfanas », « arroz de cabidele » or « arroz de pato », « feijoadas », « cozido a portuguesa »… and all the grills.
As for wine, which are excellent in Portugal, we highly recommend the red wines from Douro, Bairradas and Alentejo and the white wines from the regions of Setubal and Serra de Azeitao (among many others).