Description of the houses available for rent
As mentioned in the historical reminder, the estate consists of 4 habitable estates, each one of them having its own personality, its atmosphere and its specific decoration.
The three following houses are now available for rental, they are equally comfortable and furnished with new premium bedding :
This house, one of the most spacious, is approximately 140 m² and is designed for 5 ou 6 people.
It consists of :
- A very large living room over 50 m² overlooking the village square, with a large corner fireplace
- A large master bedroom (approximately 17 m²), with one double bed (1.60 x 2 m) and two windows overlooking the front garden or the street.
- A large twin bedroom (approx .20 m²) with very large built-in cupboards, with two single beds (1 x 2 m) and two windows overlooking the front garden.
- A separate room (approx15 m²) with independent access from the entrance hall, with a window overlooking the front garden, large built-in cupboards and a double bed (1.40 x 2 m), ideal for a young couple or a single youngster attached to his independance.
- A fully equipped kitchen with an oven and two electric hobs, microwave, fridge, washing machine, toaster, coffee machine, etc ...
- A bathroom with an embedded washbasin, bath shower and toilet.
This warm-coloured home - more independent of the others - has the distinction of being both a house allowing to be in contact with the daily life of a rural hamlet (especially during the typical village festival which takes place on the central square) while being immersed in the middle of a pretty flower garden.
"Casa Verde" is about 110 m² and can accommodate 4 to 6 people.
It consists of :
- A living / dining room (approx. 30 m²) opening onto the patio, with a cosy corner fireplace
- A 15m² mezzanine (with sloping ceiling) on top, allowing two people to sleep in 0.90 x 2 m single beds (as a security measure, sleeping in this space is reserved for adults or grown-up teenagers)
- A large master bedroom (approx. 20 m²) with a 1.60 x 2 m double bed, a door opening onto the patio and three lovely windows, one of them overlooking the gardens and the two others overlooking the patio.
- Two small single rooms (approx. 10 m² each) overlooking the front garden, with 1 x 2 m single beds
- A fully equipped kitchen with an oven and electric hobs, microwave, fridge, washing machine, toaster, coffee machine, etc ...
- A bathroom with a washbasin, bath shower, toilet and bidet
This house – probably the older one, decorated in shades of dominant green, has a special and intimate romantic charm due to its typical rustic architecture, its double orientation allowing charming views, an its easy access to the pergola and orchard.
This last house, which is almost 150 m² approx. can accommodate up to 6 people.
It consists of :
- A large library - living / dining room on two levels, of almost 55 m², communicating with the American kitchen and equipped with three large windows and two French windows.
- A large very bright adjoining master bedroom of approx. 18 m², with a double bed of 1.40 x 2 m, with two large windows overlooking the Patio and which was once the bedroom of the couple of “Caseiros”, the former Stewards of the estate.
- Two small double bedrooms, approx. 14 m² each, with single beds of 1 x 2 m. One has two parallel twin beds and overlooks the Patio, and the other one which overlooks the front gardens, has two bunk beds that make dream of ship berths…
- A semi-partitioned kitchen open to the bar, equipped with oven and gas hob, microwave, separate fridge / freezer and separate small fridge, toaster, coffee machine, electric kettle and juicer, etc.
- A charming bathroom with sink and large built-in mirror, spa shower and wc.
This house, the most recently 100% rehabilitated, is undoubtedly the most functional for this.
Decorated in summer tones predominantly of bright yellow, it also has its own charm and benefits from two assets: its very large lounge-library in woodwork which contained hundreds of books, documents and archives of the property in several languages and the “Lagar” opposite which is attached to it, an old wine press (of which the screw kept in the middle is testimony) transformed into Café Moor which allows you to eat or read outside protected under its arches…